Canon Pixma G7050 - scanner not found

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb26e0d4198>

Hello,

After doing some research and trying a few times, I decided to subscribe to debian-fr to see if I can get some help.

Just I installed my Debian 12 (KDE) on dual boot with my Windows 11, I managed to print and scan a few documents using my Canon Pixma G7050.

Other day tried to do some printing, and I notice that the printer (and the scanner) weren’t present on my system anymore… :frowning_face:

After downloading both the printer and the scan drivers from Canon, I found CUPS and I managed to make the printer works, but the scan is still a mistery, neigther the simple-scan or xsane tools manage to find the Canon scanner… The first time I did was using the simple-scanner tool

Do anyone of you had the same issue, can you please help me to find the scan function back ?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Best regards,
Marc

Hello,

As debian-fr mean it is a French forum. Not sure everyone can answer you in english.

For your issue:

• How is your device connected? USB? Network? Wifi?

For printer side it is enough to use JetDirect or ipp with IP adress and port with the configuration frontend.

For scan it is a little more tricky. It depend on wich GUI you are using (GNOME, Mate, Cinnamon, KDE, etc…).

On Cinamon, using wifi printer connection, i used the escl.conf file to add the device manually.

Bonjour et merci de votre retour :slight_smile:

Je suis désolé pour l’anglais, je ne me suis pas rendu compte, c’est sorti automatiquement…

Sinon pour mon problème, je suis sur Debian 12 avec KDE, et l’imprimante est connecté en WiFi à mon réseau (le PC est sur ethernet).

J’ai réussi à installer l’imprimante avec CUPS et en donnant l’adresse IP (ipp://192…), par contre si je lance simple-scan ou XSane, rien n’est trouvé…

C’est normal CUPS ne gère pas les scanner, c’est Sane/XSane.
personnellement mon Wifi etant dans un autre sous-réseau que les postes de travailo, j’ai configuré le fichier /etc/sane.d/escl.conf en y ajoutant la ligne:
device https://<ipdu scanner>:443 "NOM"
Et ensuite quand tu lances XSane il te trouve directement le device.
il te faut bien sur installer sane, xsane:
apt install xsane sane

Merci beaucoup :slight_smile:
J’ai ajouté cette ligne dans mon fichier escl.conf et le scanner a été trouvé

1 J'aime